Michael Waitze, October 30, 2021
Andy is the CEO and a co-Founder of Asia Innovations Group, which was built to become the largest global social entertainment platform.
Some of the topics discussed:
- Being born in China and raised in Queens, New York
- Growing up in Queens reinforced Andy’s multicultural views that still resonates with him today
- How the excitement of being in a new place outweighs the difficulties of adjusting
- Joining Google in 2005 as one of China’s earlier team members
- Running Google’s mobile business in China and helping Andy Rubin bring Android to China
- Starting one of the first social gaming companies in 2008 and then selling it to Zynga in 2010
- Asia Innovations Group was built to bring the most innovative products to a global audience
- Why Google really left China
- The importance of company culture which is simply the default mode of operation
- Being execution-oriented
- Be CEO – Be Pirate – Be Hero
- What is live social?
- Are financial services an opportunity?